The role – Account Director (Maternity contract)
We are seeking a motivated and experienced storyteller at Account Director (AD) level with minimum seven to eight years’ experience in the PR and communications industry to join our creatively driven Mkt. team on a fixed term contract (twelve months) to cover a maternity leave position.
Through creative storytelling and campaign creation, this position will lead a dynamic team across a portfolio of clients in consumer and corporate industries including a globally recognised premium appliances brand, innovative FMCG brands to a revolutionary global parenting brand and more.
The AD will need at least seven years’ experience across PR, social media and content marketing with client leadership experience and will be able to:
Skills and Experience
- Act as the lead strategist and day-to-day client contact for each account, regarding strategy, creative ideation, crisis & issues management and unique ways to cut through the everchanging media and influencer landscape
- Manage in all directions (from liaising with Directors, communicating with clients to providing constant guidance and leading junior team members) to ensure everything runs smoothly, is on track and all work is completed at the highest standard
- Mentor, manage and oversee day to day work of direct reports including management of review process and regular workload check ins
- Develop and drive strategic story-driven campaigns on time and on budget
- Possess strong relationship skills with media, bloggers, and influencers (preferably holds a strong understanding of the Australian traditional and non-traditional media landscape)
- Be responsible for your team’s finances and setting client KPI’s including planning, budgeting, managing profitability, overseeing estimates, team resourcing and time tracking, executing and budget reconciliations
- Identify and develop ‘real’ new business opportunities and take an active role in new business pitches
About Mkt. Communications
- Passion for driving business growth – Have a proven track record of supporting with business development for both new and existing clients
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit – be passionate about our clients and their businesses, keeping up-to-date on trends, events and the next big thing (or person!) before others and identifying how to connect and amplify these with your clients
- Quick, critical and creative thinker – Enjoys coming up with new and innovative ways for brand storytelling as well as demonstrating an ability to absorb new information and draw
- insightful conclusions that are relevant to your client mix
- Outstanding writing skills – you enjoy writing and developing story ideas, press releases, pitch notes, website copy and catchy EDM headlines
- You’re a pitcher and can conjure up a first-class tale for your clients - whether it’s a story to media, idea to a current or prospective client or influencer, you relish in conveying your
- creativity and smarts on the phone or in person
- Detail oriented – Can spot a typo a mile away, diligent with formatting, double checks everything twice and routinely hits deadlines
- Social media savvy - Keen grasp of how to use social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.) as a tool to create brand stories with influencers and press
Founded in 2006, Mkt. Communications is a creative PR and communications agency that collaborates with clients both locally and internationally helping them unearth their unique stories to build resilient brands in an evolving world.
We are a collective of strategic thinkers who are passionate about communications, the love of a great story and using our voices to contribute to the greater good. We are a certified B Corporation and we’re committed to a world where profit does not have to compromise people or the planet. Driven by our Directors’ passion for nurturing people and wanting to truly create a different approach to the work-life equation, Mkt. is not your everyday workplace and have developed a unique approach to workplace wellbeing that has been awarded both in Australia and overseas... Enter #mktupgradedlife. COVID-19 has seen us evolve this program once again and you’ll love being part of this ‘joyful’ experience with us.
Benefits - Why you’ll never want to leave
Mkt. is a supportive, fun and inspiring workplace. Expect to become mindful and truly live the work/life ‘collaboration’ dream…we believe there’s more to life than work and have developed a unique approach to workplace wellbeing that has been awarded both in Australia and overseas (B Corp Best for the World Workers 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 and Mumbrella CommsCon Awards Employer of the Year 2018). We reward our team in a multitude of ways including an extra week’s annual leave (through a combination of personal/birthday off days/company wellbeing days), Meaningful Monday, Wellness Wednesday, Freedom Fridays (reduced working hours) as well as team building days, education and training, industry events and performance-based bonuses (including our popular Upgraded Life Wellness Program #mktupgradedlife).
Mid-March 2021: 12-month fixed term contract with possibility to extend post contract completion