Dairy Australia develops tools for farmers and industry to assist in making decisions today, while delivering services that support on-farm profitability. As part of an Essential Services industry, our investment in research and innovation supports the sustainability of the dairy industry. Our people are committed to delivering benefits to the industry.
Dairy Australia is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Public Relations Manager to join our high-performing and talented Corporate Communications Team, working to drive positive outcomes for dairy farmers. This is a full time, 12-month maternity cover position.
Reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager, the primary objective of the Public Relations Manager is to drive the development and implementation of Dairy Australia’s consumer public relations (PR) and social media strategy while also supporting corporate communications activities.
The key responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Lead the development and implementation of the Dairy Australia consumer PR strategy including health influencer and community activity.
- Ensure consumer PR strategy is integrated/aligned with overarching marketing and corporate communications strategy and upholds the brand and reputation of Dairy Australia and the industry.
- Develop, manage, and evaluate consumer PR programs and campaigns – consumer digital channels, media relations, social media partnerships, influencer engagement and events.
- Manage media relations and spokespeople aligned with consumer, community, and health campaign objectives.
- Support and leverage PR activity through engagement with influencers health and nutrition, farmers, environmentalists, vets, etc.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships/partnerships with key health influencers that will help reach our target audiences.
- Support Corporate Communications activities as required (media, website, intranet, publications, articles, speech writing and events).
- Lead the development of DA’s social media content and channel strategy.
- Oversee the development and implementation of content schedules to support key initiatives in line with the broader marketing and communications strategy.
- Ensure social media strategy is integrated/aligned with program needs, media and communications strategy, and digital strategy and upholds the brand and reputation of DA and the industry.
- Ensure proactive and reactive social media process and response in a timely manner and aligned with best practice.
Why work for Dairy Australia:
- A degree in marketing and communications or a related discipline.
- 5+ years public relations management experience.
- Social media communications experience.
- Project planning and management experience and knowledge of project management systems.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills with the ability to translate analysis into actionable project plans.
- High level communication skills - excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- High motivation and commitment to excellence.
- Experience managing people.
- Knowledge of, and experience in the Australian dairy industry (preferred).
At Dairy Australia, we aim to provide benefits that promote the overall wellbeing of our employees. This includes vaccinations and health checks as well as salary packaging and paid parental leave.
If you meet the criteria and have the required experience in a similar role we would like to hear from you.