Job Title: Region Head
Company: Telum Media
Reporting to: Managing Director, APAC
Telum Media is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial, PR technology company - passionate about media and journalism. We provide a media database, news service and actionable media information to PR agencies and companies across Australia and New Zealand.
Established in 2013, Telum has teams across the Asia Pacific region with hubs in Sydney, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Our news and information keep journalists and communications professionals fully up to speed on moves and developments in their industry. In Australia and New Zealand, we connect journalists and PR professionals through our platform, news, and events and on the ground presences in Sydney and Melbourne.
Telum Media works with over 1,200 companies, ranging from blue chip internationally known brands to local PR agencies. Our mission is to be the hub for media and PRs and to provide them with the tools and information they need to grow and succeed.
The primary focus is to ensure that the Region’s ambitious growth targets are achieved and that Telum offers the best-in-class product in the Australia & New Zealand markets. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and building Telum Media’s business and brand in Australia & New Zealand based on market experience and knowledge. You will be expected to manage the day-today operations of the Country and PR News teams including their workload and ensure they receive adequate training and development to achieve the business standards required. You will be an ambassador for Telum with the media and PR industries.
The successful applicant will be a professional and confident communicator capable of quickly forming and building professional relationships with our stakeholders. You will have management experience, be well networked in the PR and / or journalism sector and have a passion for the media industry. You will be an Ambassador for Group policies, leading by example, but you will be able to conform to and uphold company standards.
Personal Skills and Qualities
- In conjunction with the Associate Director, Revenue, develop and successfully implement a plan for delivering the overall regional business targets. Identify new opportunities, new partnerships, events etc. to build market penetration.
- Build and develop Telum’s network and key stakeholders within the media and PR sectors across the region. Encourage team members to generate their own networks. Oversee Direct Reports in conjunction with Group Functions to ensure appropriate staffing and training levels to meet the business’s needs. Help your direct reports to mentor and develop their teams.
- Work with your Direct Reports, their teams and Group functions to ensure all tasks are completed timely and accurately in accordance with Group Standards.
- Oversee and manage all associated office administration, including recruitment, in accordance with Group policy and in conjunction with Group functions.
- Actively lead Telum events and promote the organization
- Act as Editor for Region’s alerts with the agreed policy set for Content.
- Knowledge of and experience of the media market in ANZ
- Good communication and language skills including English and one other language appropriate to the region.
- Proven ability to manage and communicate with staff at all levels and with different backgrounds and culture
- Strong networking ability to establish and maintain client relationships
- Excellent written skills
- Proven to work to deadlines
- Ability to self-motivate
- Previous PR and/or journalist experience desirable.