Telum Media is an independent company providing a web-based journalist database to public relations professionals ('PRs') in the Asia. The PR team uses the system to quickly and easily target the right media across Asia.
Since launching in 2014 Telum Media works with over 1,200 companies, ranging from blue chip internationally known brands to local PR agencies. We operate in Singapore, London, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia and Sydney.
Telum Media is looking for a go-getting sales / business development executive to join our fast-growing office in the Sydney CBD but based in either Sydney or Melbourne.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Deliver (and be rewarded) based on sales targets (both personal and team-based)
- Build and manage a pipeline of new business. This includes adding and updating Telum’s CRM
- Be a top-level communicator, both face-to-face, over the phone and on email. This includes conducting compelling product demonstrations and presentations to potential customers, both face-to-face and remotely.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with your accounts to develop a long-term working relationship with them.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Be well organised and able to work to deadlines, and be extremely process-oriented with strong time-management skills
- Work with colleagues in Telum Singapore, Hong Kong and London offices on sales projects, and the role may include travel to other cities in Australia and New Zealand.
We are looking for someone with 1 – 3 years’ experience in a sales or business development role. Exposure to the media, public relations or SaaS industries will be looked upon favorably.
Personal Skills and Qualities
- Excellent sales skills essential
- Enthusiastic about maintaining standards
- High quality work
- Working to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all work
- Ability to work in a team and self-motivate
- Computer literate (MS Office)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Company activities
- Flexible hours/ remote opportunities
- Training (in house) programmes
- Marriage leave