Editor, China, Generation T
Generation T, Tatler Asia’s platform for young entrepreneurs and leaders, is looking for a China editor to join its regional editorial team.
The China editor will be the content, community and product lead for Generation T in Mainland China. Reporting to Generation T’s Regional Editorial Director, the editor will be responsible for developing and executing content strategies, with a heavy focus on events, digital and social media, to develop the brand, new products and grow audiences. The editor will also be a brand ambassador and help to develop and maintain a community. The editor will also play a key role in supporting the commercial team.
- Develop and execute an editorial strategy aligned with the brand’s vision and goals, with a heavy focus on events, digital and social media channels.
- Develop and grow an engaged community of influential young leaders.
- Launch new products and initiatives in support of the above goals.
- Drive the vetting and selection of the China honourees on the annual Gen.T List.
- Project manager of the Chinese edition of the annual Gen.T magazine.
- Develop compelling and unique content that can grow the brand’s audience organically.
- Use data to inform and iterate the content strategy.
- Collaborate closely with sales and other brand divisions to develop and execute sponsorship opportunities in editorial content.
- Host and moderate panels, talks and workshops as needed.
- Represent the brand in front of consumers and commercial partners and at consumer and trade events.
- 8-10+ years of experience working in media or communications.
- Native Chinese speaker. Strong, near-fluent command of written and spoken English.
- Experience in launching and driving new initiatives.
- Experience in creating compelling branded content.
- Ability to turn out pristine copy and require minimal to no sub-editing
- Usage of and creation of content for digital and social media platforms must be second nature.
- Strong project management and organisation skills.
- Can demonstrate good work ethic; collaborative; open-minded.
- Positive, can-do attitude. Can demonstrate grace under pressure.
- Comfortable working independently and highly resourceful.
- Sociable, highly personable, good networking skills.
- Good public speaking and moderation skills needed or must be willing to learn on the job.