Telum Media is an exciting young company established in 2013, to provide an Asia Pacific media database and news service to PR agencies and corporates around the region. The goal is to continue improving and growing this region’s only media-professional database.
To support the development and maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information, that adheres to company data policies and methodologies, to ensure customers have a high-quality experience using Telum’s products and services.
More specifically, to professionally support the team in delivering annual business plan objectives with database accuracy, verification and enhancements, News, and networking.
Responsibilities & duties
- Junior Executives should be determined to deliver country information verification goals.
- Work at a high standard, with minimal errors, in accordance with Telum’s Style Guide and technical requirements
- Demonstrate professionalism in prioritizing and managing personal and team tasks to ensure all are completed on time; including activity tasks and management of information sources, e.g., bounce-backs, ‘dropped emails’, and by-line checks, among others.
- Constantly look for opportunities to enrich Telum’s information via proven sources and directly with the media.
- Show an interest in accurately writing and publishing content on the news site under guidance.
- Junior Executives should support efforts to manage the content dashboard and demonstrate an interest in ensuring information is accurately updated in the database prior to articles being published on the news site.
- Support the team effort to achieve Telum’s journalist engagement strategy, e.g., first alerts, media requests, interest surveys, jobs, Top 500 interviews / enhancements.
Core competencies (knowledge, skills, experience etc. required)
- Support team efforts to ensure information is accurately updated in Telum pre / post meetings.
- Shadow colleagues in meeting journalists, whilst developing the confidence to meet journalists ‘one-to-one’.
- Show a proficiency in preparing for meetings; being familiar with Telum’s journalist services and researching verification and ‘profile completion’ opportunities to enhance the database.
What we offer
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Enjoys working under pressure, optimistic and energetic
- Great attention to detail and a result driven approach
- Ability to work in a team and self-motivate
- Enthusiastic about maintaining standards
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent ‘standard written English’
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Good grasp of the internet / IT
- Good communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent standard written English and Chinese
Telum Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We ensure all applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination.
- Competitive salary – we ensure you are being paid based on industry standards
- Annual bonus – we believe in rewarding good performances
- Company activities – we work hard, and we play hard
- Flexible hours / remote opportunities – we are open to flexibility in your working hours and locations dependent on respective government regulations
- Training (in house) programmes – we train to ensure you excel in your job and growth!
- Marriage Leave – we want you to celebrate life milestones and not worry about work!