Privacy and Cookies Policy
Telum Media Group PTE Ltd (“Telum”, "we", or "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and our partners. Please read this Notice carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We provide database solutions for persons in the journalism, media, and public relations industries (“Services”).
Specifically, in relation to the Telum Media Database and the personal data included on the Telum Media Database, please see the section below titled “The Telum Media Database”.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time, to reflect changes at Telum, or for legal or regulatory reasons. Unless we are unable to do so, we will give you reasonable notice of any changes to this Notice, which may be by notifying you via email and/or by posting an updated version on our website.
How to Contact Us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about how to obtain a copy of your personal information or how to update your personal information, please see section below entitled “Your Rights”.
Our data protection officers are Nick Webster and Jonny Webster.
We collect information about you:
- that you provide by filling in forms on this site. This includes information which you provide when registering to use the Services such as your name, email and other contact information, biography and work history information;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- when you visit this site (see also under Cookies below).
Use of your information
We use the information you provide in order to identify you, communicate with you, to conduct our business, and provide the Services. Our use of collected information may include (but is not limited to):
- facilitating transactions and collaborations between you and other users;
- for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- servicing our relationship with you;
- providing you with better customer service;
- contacting you, including with promotional materials and notifications, including notifications required under laws or regulations (e.g. in accordance with the Spam Act 2003);
- billing and account management;
- evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing, and for statistical analysis;
- research and development in improving our Services and in developing new products and Services;
- sharing your information to registered subscribers of our service throughout the world; and
- monitoring and maintaining our computers and network.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our corporate group.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Telum Media Group PTE Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its users and customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- subsequently notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
- believe that observing the request will legitimately inhibit our ability to conduct our business;
- believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
- are required by law to disclose that information.
The Telum Media Database
Telum prides itself on the extent and accuracy of its database of media contacts (which includes journalists, bloggers and other media contacts). We refer to this database as the “Telum Media Database”.
The extent and accuracy of the Telum Media Database depends on the personal data that Telum collects/obtains. This section of the Notice describes how we collect/obtain and use personal data for the Telum Media Database. This section should be read together with the rest of this Notice which also applies to the personal data on the Telum Media Database.
What information do we collect/obtain about individuals on the Telum Media Database?
In addition to the kinds of personal data mentioned above in this Notice, we may also collect/obtain the following kinds of personal data:
- your job title;
- contact information (including mobile phone number and personal email if you provide it to us);
- career history;
- articles that you have written; and
- personal interests and other information that may enhance the service that we provide for you and for our corporate subscribers.
The personal data in relation to individuals on the Telum Media Database comes from a variety of sources, including, in particular:
- direct from the relevant individuals (e.g. when signing up for one of our services, such as Telum Media Alerts, or when responding to a request for information from Telum);
- from media outlets (e.g. newspapers, magazines etc.), who will periodically provide information relating to individuals employed by or connected with them (e.g. current job titles, contact information, areas of interest);
- from publicly available sources (e.g. news stories, press releases, online media etc.); and
- from other third party sources (e.g. information provided by Telum’s customers or other contacts).
In addition to the uses mentioned above in this Notice, personal data about individuals on the Telum Media Database may be used as follows:
- made available to our corporate subscribers around the world who use our products and services e.g. our corporate PR customers that subscribe to the Media Media Database and/or the Telum Media Alerts service will have access to information about individuals (including their contact information) on the Telum Media Database and will be sent alerts providing information about changes to the Telum Media Database (e.g. changes in job titles, journalist moves and contact information);
- corporate customers may contact individuals on the Telum Media Database direct (using the contact information on the Telum Media Database) to e.g. send press releases or other PR material which our customers may consider will be of interest to the individual in question. Telum does not control and is not responsible for the content of any such communications.
- Telum updates the Telum Media Database as soon as possible after receiving information that requires changes to the Telum Media Database. Such information may come to us from any of the sources referred to above.
- We may also receive information from other sources e.g. out of office messages.
- Where appropriate, we will notify the relevant individual of substantive changes, and may choose not to make any changes until they have been approved by the relevant individual
- Individuals always have the opportunity to review and request changes to the information on the Telum Media Database.
- If you would like to review the personal data relevant to you on the Telum Media Database or you no longer wish to be on the Telum Media Database, please email email@example.com. We will respect your rights under applicable laws, including by updating or deleting your personal data, upon your request.
Transferring information to another country
Where our partners who help us in the administration or operation of our organisation are based in other locations, your information may be transferred to another country. We will work with any such third parties to make sure they have reasonable security arrangements in place.
Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain areas of this site you are responsible for keeping that password confidential and the password should not be shared with anyone.
All personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Some of these servers may be located in other countries. Rest assured that we will ensure that any transfer to another country is subject to provisions that will safeguard your personal information.
Access to your personal information is limited to employees we believe reasonably need to use that information in order to perform their roles in providing or developing our Services.
In order to improve this site, we may use small files commonly known as "cookies". A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to in this Notice as a 'device') from this site and is stored on your device's hard drive.
A cookie records on your device information relating to your internet activity (such as whether you have visited this site before). The cookies we use on this site won't collect personally identifiable information about you and we won't disclose information stored in cookies that we place on your device to third parties.
These cookies are essential to the proper functioning of many features of this site. These cookies store a unique ID so this site can remember you from one page request to the next. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to access all the features of our Services.
We use software called Google Analytics which is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. in order to understand how visitors to this site use the site. The Google Analytics cookies remember you from one page request to the next, for example to differentiate between 'new' and 'returning' visitors. We receive reports from Google Inc. about website usage (such as the number of visitors to our site or the number of unique page views).
Links to other websites
This site may contain links to other websites. This Notice only applies to this site so when you link to other websites you should read their privacy policies.
You may choose to remain anonymous to us by withholding identifying information or refusing offers to join our mailing list. If you choose to decline to provide certain personal information to us, you may not be able to access certain features of our Services.
Personal information collected by us will be used only for purposes outlined in this Notice. If we propose to use your information for any other purpose then you will be provided with a means to opt out of the use of your information for those purposes.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you. You are entitled to edit or delete such information, unless we are required by law to retain it, by contacting us at email@example.com.
Last updated: 07 October 2015