During our latest exclusive Mandarin-speaking webinar, veteran financial journalist Bao Jianguang, Founder & Editor-in-Chief, The Latest IPO, shared the topics his financial news portal is watching out for and top tips for PRs.
- The Latest IPO was established as a social media-focused platform targeting finance and business professionals, investors and C-suite executives.
- The audience is well-informed and is looking for ideas and opinions to challenge their existing views.
- The media outlet has four subsidiary content brands that cater to different audiences. For example, Xiangshang Video (“向上”视频) creates short documentaries showcasing entrepreneur and investor stories.
- The Latest IPO recently launched a Top 100 Investment Institution list and is currently putting together a ranking that focuses on high-growth companies.
Current and upcoming topics to look out for:
- The Latest IPO always pays attention to companies’ different stages of growth and aims to be ahead of the market by prioritising forward-looking content.
- Regardless of size, the media picks up on high-growth companies.
- Other topics include Mainland Chinese companies expanding into international markets, and industry sectors such as corporate and enterprise services and scientist-led health tech, AI and autonomous driving vehicle startups.
Top Tips for PRs:
- Engage with your C-suite executives early to understand the performance indicators and KPIs for the company’s overall publicity strategies.
- Be aware of public perceptions towards brands and their evolving nature, given the sheer size of the market.
- The Latest IPO is open to PR pitches but be ready to contextualise the growth potential of any particular business.