Adrian Wong, Head of Asia-Pacific TV Interviews and Bookings at Bloomberg Television, shared some of his most remarkable interviews, how COVID-19 has influenced the Bloomberg working style, as well as tips on making an attractive pitch to the media platform in Telum's latest webinar.
- In the TV industry, one must always be prepared to expect the unexpected and be flexible to follow the news cycle for any breaking news.
- When working on a big global topic, Bloomberg media platforms, including but not limited to TV, radio and print collaborate and tell the story in different approaches to make it relevant and interesting.
- Despite having culturally diverse teams across various media platforms of Bloomberg, the teams would always be in touch internally to discuss what is the best method to produce a programme.
- COVID-19 has immensely changed the logistics and technicality in producing a TV show and provided an opportunity for Bloomberg to reach out to different industries and sectors to see how the pandemic has influenced people from all walks of life.
- Bloomberg is always on the lookout for the next big thing and is currently looking into the emerging markets as well as seeking more diverse voices.
- Bloomberg has been working on the normalisation of having female voices on the programmes and is aiming to ultimately reach 50 percent of female representation on TV.
- What is most important to landing an interview on Bloomberg is to make sure that the topic is interesting, unique, stands out from the crowd and matters to the audience.