In this exclusive Telum virtual event senior journalists Li Xin and Li Zengxin offered a rare glimpse into their day-to-day editorial work, frequent topics that Caixin Global covers and how to craft a successful pitch to the editorial team. Read the webinar’s highlight here:
- Caixin Global's focus is to reflect the complexity of Mainland China through its home-grown media. Caixin has the mission of bringing Mainland Chinese content to its international readers.
- Caixin Global monitors Mainland Chinese media stories and trending news to create relevant English-language versions for the international audience for Caixin.
- The team selects the content they believe will have the most impact on the audience, that will reshape the business landscape, or will help to set trends that influence the economy.
- During Covid-19, paid subscriptions jumped with the growing demand for trustworthy information. Its newsletters and online events provided new avenues for engagement with its audience.
- Apart from Caixin’s focus on the finance, business and tech sector, it has a growing interest in the coverage of public health and education.
- This year’s specific projects are a China Financial Market explainer, ESG and an educational programme on climate change.
- The Hong Kong bureau is a good place to go for landing regional stories. Caixin also has a correspondent in Japan, a bureau in D.C.
- To pitch stories and land a story PRs should email Li Xin or the Editors of Caixin directly. Contact Li Zengxin for co-branded content with Caixin Insight.