In this exclusive Telum virtual event Editor-in-Chief Angie Lau shares her rationale behind setting up Forkast.News, her insights on where blockchain is taking us and tips on crafting a successful pitch to the editorial team. Read the webinar’s highlight here:
Forkast.News and the crypto space:
- Forkast.News aims to take away the intimidation people may feel around the blockchain space and explain stories in a language that everybody understands.
- Forkast.News covers stories not just from a tech perspective, but also how blockchain is influencing aspects of business, politics and economy in different regions.
- It is essential to cover cryptocurrency in Asia Pacific as millennials are adopting the practice for personal wealth growth. The emergence of such technologies returns the power to manage wealth back to the individual.
- With a global reach, Forkast.News’ audience distribution ranges from senior professionals looking at the space to people who yearn for some blockchain knowledge.
- Rather than focusing on marketing, Forkast.News insists on content that are of value that can educate and inform its audience in a candid and authentic way.
Top Tips for pitching:
- Know your audience and the Forkast.News audience. Make them care about the topic by considering the broader context.
- In the crypto space some stories are very time-sensitive, so it is appreciated if PRs can get back right away when a Reporter calls.
- Angie Lau and the editorial team at Forkast.News welcome thought leadership stories and unique perspectives that can help the blockchain industry communicate with the rest of the world.