Do you love writing and generating content? Does detail and data get you up in the morning? Are you keen to build a network with professionals in China and across APAC? Are you attracted by the idea of working with a young, fast-paced, growing Asian start-up?
Telum Media is Asia’s premier media intelligence and contacts platform. We’re looking for ambitious junior executives to join our team of seasoned media professionals to produce long and short-form content on Mainland China’s media industry, while also acting as gatekeepers of the data on our growing database. You’ll generate content, conduct research, deepen our data, and build connections with media professionals in business, finance, tech and consumptions, etc. Expect to build a career in a fast-paced, data-driven news environment, to interview and meet with the industry’s movers and shakers, and to be part of a dynamic, international team.
Key Duties & Accountabilities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Keeping abreast of changes within the media industry, plus writing and circulating news and opinions on the media trends and landscape in China through Telum’s multi-platforms (website, newsletter, WeChat)
- Building relationships with media professionals in China and work trips to China will be required
- Investigation and quality control of media & journalist data, and updating Telum Media database in accordance with Data Protection laws
- Assisting other project teams with data tasks and client requests for China
- Working closely with colleagues from offices in Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and London on data projects and client requests
- Bachelor’s degree or above in relevant fields with basic knowledge on the China media / PR industry
- Excellent command in spoken and written English and Mandarin are required
- Strong research and presentation skills, self-motivated and have good attention to details
- Excited by new technology and new business trends; Inspired by reading news reports. Some knowledge of multimedia and social media (WeChat Public Account) is beneficial
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced and fluid start up culture
- At least one year of work experience in the media / PR industry is preferred. Fresh graduates are also welcome