Five winners of the inaugural Singapore Press Club Awards 2022 were announced at the Club’s 50th
Anniversary Press Ball on 10th
June. Presented by Guest of Honour Josephine Teo, Minister for Communications and Information, the inaugural awards aim to recognise journalists and other media-related professionals who have excelled in their craft and made an impact in their work.
The Rising Stars Awards winners are as follows:
- Nabilah Awang, Journalist from TODAY
- Kelly Ng, Correspondent from The Business Times
- Rebecca Pazos, Data Visualisation Editor from The Straits Times
- Chai You Xia, Senior Journalist from 8world.com
The Sustainability Journalism Award was presented to:
- Audrey Tan, Assistant News Editor / Science and Environment Correspondent from The Straits Times
In addition, to celebrate its 50th
year, the Club unveiled a Singapore Media Industry Hall of Fame, honouring 50 individuals for their lasting contributions to the media industry.