Seven West Media is the leading listed national multi-platform media business based in Australia. We comprise of Channel Seven, The West Australian, The Sunday Times and associated Perth metro and WA regional newspapers.
An incredible opportunity awaits for a talented journalist with a passion for all things lifestyle - from beauty, fashion and wellness to food, health, homes, gardening and fitness.
As Lifestyle Reporter, the successful candidate will report to The West Australian’s Entertainment Editor and be responsible for overseeing lifestyle content in The West Australian’s popular Today liftout, which publishes Monday to Friday, as well as for The West Australian, The Sunday Times, thewest.com.au and perthnow.com.au
The successful candidate will generate story ideas for the Today liftout and The West Australian, write and edit copy and commission articles for publication across the products. Additionally they will arrange photo shoots, liaise with external contributors and be responsible for production of the Today liftout and creating digital content.
This role would suit someone with a media or communications background who has creative flair, is excellent at meeting daily deadlines and comfortable in a fast-paced, energetic environment. Training and support will be provided for the successful candidate.
The responsibilities of the role include:
The requirements of the role include:
- Gathering and writing original news stories for publication in print and online platforms
- Editing copy and commissioning articles for publication across all products
- Interviewing and photographing subjects confidently and professionally
- Developing positive relationships with key contacts and organisations
- Representing the company in a professional and courteous manner
- A media or communications background is highly regarded
- A creative flair and ability to produce engaging content
- The ability to work under pressure
- Strong interviewing and communication skills
- A sense of urgency and focus on deadlines
- An innovative approach and passion for lifestyle news
- An inclusive and diverse workplace where caring for each other is the norm
- A culture that values respect, collaboration and speaking up
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Osborne park location with onsite parking, a gym and café
- Employee health and wellbeing support programs
- Work Perks program including discounts on some of the most iconic brands
If this sounds like you, apply now with your CV, samples of work and a short paragraph on why you want to work for Seven West Media!
We want to engage like-minded people who embody our values: Make it Happen - Be the Solution, Be Brave - Speak Up and Better Together - Join Forces.
Seven West Media is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Recruitment Agencies: Seven West Media does not accept any unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Visit us at www.sevenwestmedia.com.au