If you’re an experienced writer with a passion for Punkee and pop culture then today is your lucky day! Punkee is looking for a full-time senior entertainment writer to join its editorial team based in Redfern, Sydney.
Punkee is known for offering clever, funny, and relatable takes on pop culture, reality TV, and women’s lifestyle. From our Reality Tea podcast and Facebook group, to our The Bachelor and MAFS recaps, Punkee has developed a strong and dedicated millennial following. And now Punkee is looking to expand our beloved brand but we need your help!
The Ideal Candidate
You will be an enthusiastic writer with a love for the Punkee brand who is ready to take on a new challenge. You’ll have the ability to nail the Punkee tone, showcasing your personality, while delivering consistently high quality copy. You will write daily stories across a wide variety of topics, with a particular focus on pop culture, women’s lifestyle, relationships, beauty, and of course, reality TV.
You’ll also be an original ideas generator, a compelling storyteller with their finger on the pulse of what resonates with millennial women, who also thrives collaborating with the wider editorial team. You will be well-versed in the digital journalism industry and social media, with a proven track record of amplifying content digitally.
- Work closely with the editorial team to pitch / write stories across all of Punkee’s verticals
- A deep knowledge of distributing content through social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both autonomously and collaboratively
- Working with the wider Junkee editorial team as required
- A Bachelor degree in Journalism, Media, Communications or related field is preferred
- Published examples of writing across entertainment or lifestyle publications
- 2 - 3 years of experience working in digital writing, a newsroom, or content creation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who can also work autonomously
- Strong understanding of, and passion for, pop culture, beauty, dating, and lifestyle
- A deep knowledge of Australian reality TV is a non-negotiable
- Video editing skills will be a bonus!
- An interest in developing your TikTok skills and an enthusiasm for making videos for the platform
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Punkee Senior Entertainment Writer”.
Application are open until 21 April, 2023.