CUHK Business School
Executive Officer II (carrying the job title of ‘Principal Writer, China Business Knowledge’) (Ref. 22000112) (Closing date: May 27, 2022)
The CUHK Business School is a leading business school and a pioneer in business education in Hong Kong. Since its establishment in Hong Kong in 1963, the CUHK Business School has gained world recognition of nurturing business leaders with immense contributions in the Asia Pacific. The School has been offering a comprehensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes with over 4,600 students from 20+ countries / regions, as well as executive education. It has one of the most extensive alumni networks in the region, with over 40,000 alumni around the world.
China Business Knowledge is the knowledge platform of CUHK Business School. Our goal is to showcase the cutting-edge business-related research conducted by our Faculty, and to enlighten readers from all-walks of life on the latest and best business-related academic research.
Reporting to the Managing Editor of China Business Knowledge, the appointee will:
- write regular articles in English based on research by academics and researchers;
- identify recent and top-notch research by academic staff to be published on the platform;
- work with external vendors to manage the production of animations and video interviews with academic staff and researchers explaining their research;
- manage the translation of articles from English to traditional and simplified Chinese on a monthly basis, both directly and with the help of external translators; and
- perform other related administrative duties assigned by the Managing Editor.
Applicants should have:
- a Bachelor’s degree;
- fulfilled the English Language requirement set on the website: https://www.hro.cuhk.edu.hk/en-gb/languageforeo;
- at least 5 years of post-qualification work experience in a professional news organisation or magazine;
- interest in academic research in business and economics, and proven ability to deliver interesting and relatable content accessible to the public;
- native proficiency in written English and Chinese (both traditional and simplified);
- exceptional organisational, time-management and interpersonal skills, including a positive work attitude;
- the ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently; and
- strong communication and presentation skills
Online print production experience, a good design sense, as well as savvy and interest in social media promotion and / or multimedia production will be an advantage. Applicants should submit an updated curriculum vitae with two recent publications in English. Shortlisted candidates may be invited to sit for a written test in English and Chinese.
Applicants must submit copies of certificates showing that they have fulfilled the language requirements and academic qualifications stated above, otherwise their applications will NOT be considered.
Appointment will initially be made on a 2-year contract with contract-end gratuity commencing as soon as possible, renewable subject to good performance and mutual agreement.
[Those who have responded to the previous advertisements for the same posts (Ref. 220000QY) and (Ref. 220000WD) need not re-apply.]
[CUHK Business School is also known as the Faculty of Business Administration.]
The University only accepts and considers applications submitted online for the above post. For more information and to apply online, please visit http://career.cuhk.edu.hk.